Phenom II 940 benchs @ [H]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what he meant. It was a rhetorical question. puddles logic was as follows; Athlon 7750 is 2.7ghz, e5200 is 2.5ghz. They are roughly equal to each other at this speed. That means if you lower the clock of the Athlon to 2.5ghz then it will be slower than the e5200 because there is no way to get extra performance form an underclock.

That is how he explained it to me at least. And I agree with him. Processors aren't going to get faster when you under clock them.

The gigahertz wars are long over, people. Intel figured out that they were making heaters instead of processors and quit beating that horse a while back.

You can't even use GHz as a measurement between Intel CPUs anymore unless it is the same core. Since Intel (finally) shortened the pipes on their CPUs and upped the cycles per clock, GHz is next to meaningless.

When you try to compare AMD to Intel with GHz... well, that's even more screwed up.

If you want to compare, give both as even a bed as possible, and run a battery of tests and compare. until then you are only making noise and dragging the thread off topic.

That's not what he meant. It was a rhetorical question. puddles logic was as follows; Athlon 7750 is 2.7ghz, e5200 is 2.5ghz. They are roughly equal to each other at this speed. That means if you lower the clock of the Athlon to 2.5ghz then it will be slower than the e5200 because there is no way to get extra performance form an underclock.

That is how he explained it to me at least. And I agree with him. Processors aren't going to get faster when you under clock them.

but hussein said clock for clock so all i said was for them to do a clock for clock comparions which is what was mentioned. the e5200 would need a slight oc.

Yes and Hussein is wrong. You cant say a chip that the Athlon is faster than the e5200 clock for clock. Because at the same clock speed the e5200 is faster. For the Athlon to be faster clock for clock it would have to out perform the e5200 at 2.5ghz. The opposite happens. Therefore the e5200 is faster clock for clock.

and i never argued that what i said was he said clock for clock and corrected puddle. i then got called a fan boy for it can you honestly not be a **** hole in every thready ou enter?

^^ I think you zmatt and I were all saying the same thing. The problem was some of the time we were talking about the 2.5ghz athlon x2 7550 and other times the 2.7ghz athlon x2 7750.

^^ I think you zmatt and I were all saying the same thing. The problem was some of the time we were talking about the 2.5ghz athlon x2 7550 and other times the 2.7ghz athlon x2 7750.

the fact tha the called me a fanboy was preaty insulting considering i own intel proovign there for i am not. and he has yet and if it isnt me why hasnt he pointed it out yet?

the fact tha the called me a fanboy was preaty insulting considering i own intel proovign there for i am not. and he has yet and if it isnt me why hasnt he pointed it out yet?

I agree, it was wrong for him to say that especially since you aren't one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom