Phenom II 940 benchs @ [H]

Status
Not open for further replies.
the fact tha the called me a fanboy was preaty insulting considering i own intel proovign there for i am not. and he has yet and if it isnt me why hasnt he pointed it out yet?

Yeah sorry man. I was just getting a bit caught up in Hussein's statement and I thought you were agreeing with him. My bad.

i can never understand SuperPi lol.

my friend wants to get a Core i7 but i dont think he should when he can get the same performance or some what less with a Phenom II 940 and cheaper parts such as the mobo and DDR2 RAM, which isnt much difference from DDR3 except price.

anyhow, cant wait to get a Phenom II 940 in January. Will help me in gaming and multitasking a lot. I have around 80+ processes and services running.

Well that's not true. Benchmarks show us that the Core i7 is more than just a good super pi chip. It is fa faster then the core 2 quads that it replaces. I think he is totally justified in getting an i7.

my friend wants to get a Core i7 but i dont think he should when he can get the same performance or some what less with a Phenom II 940 and cheaper parts such as the mobo and DDR2 RAM, which isnt much difference from DDR3 except price.

anyhow, cant wait to get a Phenom II 940 in January. Will help me in gaming and multitasking a lot. I have around 80+ processes and services running.

I'm going to pick up a cheap CPU of somebody who is moving to Phenoms hahaha

My lack of OC'ing capability of this chip saddens me

The particular chip they had only did 3.1ghz.

There are others that have been able to achieve 3.4ghz. But the 7750 usually craps out at about 3.2ghz~.

Side note- All the Deneb benchmarks only show the chip at about 3.3ghz~ with a Vcore of about 1.45~. So chances are that 4.00ghz (if possible) can not be achieved on air. With a decent overclocker and a water setup, 4.00ghz should be attainable though.

if he was considerign core 2 quad maybe get a phenom 940, just to support amd if they are teh same price and performence but the i7 stomps the phenom 2 so sorry good luck with that. if he wants performence he should go for the i7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom