Performance RAM will damage your Nehalem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno at this point I won't need to worry about sli vs crossfire. If I see a dip I'll just buy a 4870 and crossfirx. problem solved. At the rate new graphically intensive games are actually being released I've got nothing to worry about for quite some time. Farcry2 is the only thing in the forseeable future that might give problems, and the way the X2 cuts through crysis.. I don't forsee a problem.
While it would be fun to jump on the new tech wagon yet again, I'll let someone else deal with the headaches and growing pains.. Then make the switch when it cools off.
Oh and gets cheaper.
XD

It is indeed possible that Intel's IMC is causing the issue here. I don't think we know enough about Nehalem yet or have had enough stick time with it to find out exactly what is causing it and what it means performance wise. But it would be wise to make sure you have compatible ram whenever you buy one.

people shouldn't be putting up ddr3 links as they all run dual channel because tri-channel isn't out. ddr3 ram that's out now will fade out and tri-channel will move in and there will be ram with lower voltage req's for intel, and when amd puts out a ddr3 capable chip/board you can crank up the voltage to 2.1+ :)

people shouldn't be putting up ddr3 links as they all run dual channel because tri-channel isn't out. ddr3 ram that's out now will fade out and tri-channel will move in and there will be ram with lower voltage req's for intel, and when amd puts out a ddr3 capable chip/board you can crank up the voltage to 2.1+ :)
Deneb will be DDR3 and DDR2 capable (socket AM3 = DDR3. AM3 CPU's will fit and work in AM2+, which uses DDR2)

Deneb will be DDR3 and DDR2 capable (socket AM3 = DDR3. AM3 CPU's will fit and work in AM2+, which uses DDR2)

It's really cool of AMD to have all this backwards compatible stuff.. it allows people to keep their current setup without buying unnecessary crap... it might end up keeping this rig's barebone for like 7 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom