Panasonic set to introduce 150” Plasma at CES

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnd187

Banned
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. has developed a 150-inch plasma display TV panel–the world's largest, according to sources.

Matsushita, which is best known for its Panasonic brand, will introduce a prototype model of the television at the Consumer Electronics Show to be held next month in the United States. Commercial release is slated for 2009.

At present, in terms of commercially produced TVs, Matsushita's 103-inch plasma is the world's largest, behind Sharp Corp.'s prototype 108-inch liquid crystal TV.

The new 150-inch display, which is about two meters by about 3.5 meters, is big enough to display a full-scale adult. Retail price, which is undecided, is expected to greatly exceed the 103-inch model's 6 million yen price tag.

Panasonic is no stranger to the huge-tv game. At the 2006 CES, they introduced the first 103” Plasma TV. Frankly, theres a point where plasma TV's become too big and too hot to be practical for any use.

Categories: Industry News, News ~ ~ Trackback

Panasonic set to introduce 150” Plasma at CES - taylorwilsdon.com Tech News, Opinions and Reviews

Source^^

Kind of pointless if you have to sit 25 feet away from it. Guess it would be good for stadiums and the sort. But personally i'd rather just buy a car :p

Nice, I think ill wait until they drop the price a little first.

then i'd need 100,000 dollars :(

and at that point... i'd just rather own a lingenfelter corvette 427TT

lol, i love my job... on tech-forums all day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom