order your phenom II's now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Phenom II 940 is something I'd most definitely buy.

The problem with all this new hardware, for me anyways, it that by the time it gets released at a normal price where I live, it would have passed enough time that something new gets released.

The Phenom II 940 is something I'd most definitely buy.

The problem with all this new hardware, for me anyways, it that by the time it gets released at a normal price where I live, it would have passed enough time that something new gets released.

this is the PC world of upgrading. The longer u wait, the better parts u can get. I've been holding out on getting a quad-core for my system since the Phenom was first released. Glad i waited this long. I'm also skipping the R700 n going to R800 if it supports DX11.

ya i regret getting the HD 3870 x2 so early for $500 using Credit but i needed a good card back in Jan 07 so i can get my first official build going! The things i hate about this card is that it's not even PCI-E x16 2.0 out of the box n it's printed right on it, wtf? Oh n only 512MB of VRAM is being read, not the full 1GB. No matter what i do to get all of it to be read, it doesnt. Device Manager shows both GPUs are being read too. I tried taking out 1GB of RAM n play GTA4 so instead of 512MB of VRAM to be used in that game, all 1GB would be.............it didnt at all!

im really urging to get a Phenom II but idk how much benefit i would get in gaming and multitasking over mine. Plus, the will lower but how long would i have to wait until it's lower? Idk.

this is the PC world of upgrading. The longer u wait, the better parts u can get. I've been holding out on getting a quad-core for my system since the Phenom was first released. Glad i waited this long. I'm also skipping the R700 n going to R800 if it supports DX11.

yes but you are also an example of how long you can wait and then be disapointed after you do wait. you waited for phenom dissapointment you also waited for the hd4870x2 which didnt really dissapoint but was a litle out of your price range sadly because it is a great card and i consider it to be still a litle over priced. imo id wait for r800 and get a 4870x2 when its released and a nice phenom 2 :D

yes but you are also an example of how long you can wait and then be disapointed after you do wait. you waited for phenom dissapointment you also waited for the hd4870x2 which didnt really dissapoint but was a litle out of your price range sadly because it is a great card and i consider it to be still a litle over priced. imo id wait for r800 and get a 4870x2 when its released and a nice phenom 2 :D

ya, but i am glad i waited over the Phenom it was questionable if i wanted to get it or not. It wasnt a disappointment persay but barely matched the Q6600 in terms of price vs performance. The Q6600 has done very well in everything and in OCing which the Phenom lacked a bit but was helped thx to the SB750 (which i still want btw.)

The HD 4870 x2 seems overpriced but hey people are still buying them and that gets AMD money in the graphics market :p. The HD 4870 x2 is 3 times better then mine and the R800 is said to be 20-30% better overall performance over the HD 4870 x2, which probably makes the HD 3870 x2 i currently have like 5-6 times less powerful. I would rather get the R800 :p, but here is hopes of it supporting DX11; that would truly make me want to buy it. AMD/ATI was able to get DX10.1 support BEFORE SP1 came out for Vista. If they can do that with the R800 to get DX11, then i would be a definite buyer day one the high-end R800 comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom