*** Official Phenom 2 Review Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ later though. I need to run 3DMark06 now like i said n back up my data. The file system is corrupted n i dont have time to fix it now.

well after some reviews and just prior knowledge it's no doubt the i7 just has alot more brute force moving the big calculations, I'd say the integrated memory controller really out Intel out there, basically just a Intel made X4 9950 on steroids and speed. EDIT: well of course with with real DDR3 support that is :p

well after some reviews and just prior knowledge it's no doubt the i7 just has alot more brute force moving the big calculations, I'd say the integrated memory controller really out Intel out there, basically just a Intel made X4 9950 on steroids and speed. EDIT: well of course with with real DDR3 support that is :p

legionhardware benchmarked the Core i7 920 with DDR3 1066 (slower then DDR2 RAM, really) and it still beat the Phenom II 940 in most tests.

currently installing vista home pre 32-bit
bit of a snag loading F3H BIOS, that kinda scared me, but all good now.
won't be overclocking tonight. little to much booze in me to be thinking about changing numbers XD. i'd like to burn this guy in for a day or 2 first, make sure it's all running good before i start attacking it.

i'll hopefully run some stuff @ stock though.

edit:
forgot to say...BIOS reported 14C idle. O_0
it is pretty cold in the basement though. about 64F, 17C....not sure if this is a correct reading or just hadn't got hot yet.
will check later.

Why 32-bit, especially with a quad? I'm running 64-bit and it is smoooooooth.

OEM
bought 32-bit when i had only 2gig RAM, as well by buddy had 64-bit and was having major driver issues. this was quite a while ago.
from what i've read only Retail allows you up upgrade to 64-bit for free?
supposedly i can aquire a 64-bit OEM and use my key...but haven't see whether it's true or not and legit?
i am the OEM, but microsoft doesn't provide an upgrade because of the 'major' OEM's might not support 64-bit if pre-installed w/ 32-bit

ok so my MSI K9A2 Platinum isnt reading the Phenom right in BIOS, latest version is 1.6.

Apok on xtremesystems.org posted beta BIOS, latest being 1.67. Should i download it?

ok so my MSI K9A2 Platinum isnt reading the Phenom right in BIOS, latest version is 1.6.

Apok on xtremesystems.org posted beta BIOS, latest being 1.67. Should i download it?

Try it out... you never know.. there might be a side effect or two... just back up the original in case things go bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom