*** Official Phenom 2 Review Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would think so.
i've seen posts of 3.7-3.9 on air, the good o/c'ers seem to get 4.0 on 1.5+ volts.
which to me is fine since i don't run 24/7. usually 4 hours each night, then it's on all day/off at night on weekends.
i've got my Vendetta II and MX-2 so hopefully i can find a way to hit 4.0 stable XD

anyhoo

has anyone seen benches with the 940/920, gigabyte 790gx then comparing ATI vs nVidia?
gfx is next on my list to replace 8800GT and looking for some benchies w/ that cpu/mobo combo.

i would think so.
i've seen posts of 3.7-3.9 on air, the good o/c'ers seem to get 4.0 on 1.5+ volts.
which to me is fine since i don't run 24/7. usually 4 hours each night, then it's on all day/off at night on weekends.
i've got my Vendetta II and MX-2 so hopefully i can find a way to hit 4.0 stable XD

anyhoo

has anyone seen benches with the 940/920, gigabyte 790gx then comparing ATI vs nVidia?
gfx is next on my list to replace 8800GT and looking for some benchies w/ that cpu/mobo combo.

keep in mind, my mobo has the SB600, not SB750, so i will not get as high OC as others will.

I'm glad that AMD is back in the game. I've used Intels for a couple years now, but only because I want the CPU with the edge. Before that AMD was a no-brainer for CPU choice.

I'm glad that AMD is back in the game. I've used Intels for a couple years now, but only because I want the CPU with the edge. Before that AMD was a no-brainer for CPU choice.

but still behind. I wish for them to upgrade the speed of the memory controller so i could be faster than the one in the Core i7.

got my Phenom II 940 right now on my lap! Got here in one day, free shipping!

im gonna install 3DMark06, run it, screenshot it, then backup my computer n reinstall Vista without my Phenom II in it, otherwise i need to get a new activation.

keep in mind, my mobo has the SB600, not SB750, so i will not get as high OC as others will.

i overlooked that. my bad.
3.7 should hit though. 3.5-3.6 for fun 24/7 i'd put my money on. and i'm not a betting man.

anyhoo!

got this about 1 hour ago!
getting a little paranoid i wouldn't get it today!
ordered 11:30am est (8:30am pst from NCIX) yesterday the 8th, got it tonight @ 7:00PM est (4pm pst) the 9th
BC to southern Ontario in less than 2 days for $9.99cnd
gotta love it!

just need to download F3H BIOS and it's all good to install.

56K warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom