*** Official Phenom 2 Review Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I just realized I needed some money. So I got a DS to hold me off until then.

DS cost me about $200 after all the "accessories" so I won't have to buy games for it...... any time soon.

But yeah I m still going to save for Deneb. But by the time I get it, hopefully its not the $360 I paid for it today.

OCed my Phenom II 940 to a stable 3.5GHz. Had 1.44v, added 1.50v through BIOS. Changed timings on RAM to 5-5-5-15-26 for further OCing, was 4-4-4-12-24:

124125213412.jpg

im still tweaking! My mobo has a SB600, not SB750.

Wildside your almost making me regret my decision. But my DS plays movies and music. So I m still not regretting it.

Besides, there will always be new chips.

Wildside your almost making me regret my decision. But my DS plays movies and music. So I m still not regretting it.

Besides, there will always be new chips.

ur gonna wait for AM3 chips? That is what is coming up next. The 940 is gonna be the last DDR2 CPU n then it's off to AM3 and DDR3. The 940 will stop coming out in Q3, already been announced.

couldnt of u waited for the DSi? That comes with SD/SDHC support, AAC codec support only, 2 cameras, Wireless-G, 256MB internal flash memory, 12% bigger screens, 15% smaller in size (DSi itself). Comes out sometime 2009.

Now there is no way am i getting to 3.8GHz, temps run 43-45 C, 52-53 C full load on a stable 3.7GHz. I also increased my NB voltage from 1.2v to 1.225v to 1.3v before it hit the red zone in BIOS. I couldnt get to desktop on 1.2v n up until i got to 1.3v it now runs fine and stable. How stable? Very. I also got success to 3.733GHz on desktop using AMD Overdrive, but not to 3.753GHz because of temps on CPU as i increased HT multiplier to 203, cant get system to run on 201. Lastly, i had to ease off the timings for my RAM, otherwise i believe i couldnt be stable enough.

if i raise the voltage anymore, like to 1.55v, then i would be too close to 60 C n my computer wouldnt run so i have it on the highest voltage for a reason:

1214121312.jpg

i could of reached 3.4GHz with my 5000+ BE if i put HT multiplier to 200 but i didnt so oh well.

so i have reached my limit unless i get the TX-2 and Core Contact for lower temps.

Wildside, try using HTT increases in combination with the multiplier.
and possibly lowering the HTT multiplier

Phenom II should do better with the HTT than Phenom I did. Though multiplier increases should still be used as well.
that hardforum review is vicious, but you have to look at the results

[H] Enthusiast - AMD Phenom II X4 Model 940 Black Edition Processor
the guys at XS won't even consider [H] reviews on AMD chips worth reading. They started bashing it even before they ran any tests.

what about something like 222*17 = 3774 @ 1.5v through BIOS?

what were the RAM timings/voltages before you made them loose?

2.2v, i leave it at that n i just changed back to 4-4-4-12-24 timings. Idk if i should mess with it anymore. i cant break the 3.733GHz mark seriously. I can barely make it to the desktop on 3.7GHz.

oh and i increased the NB voltage to 1.3v, helps me so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom