NVIDIA's Fermi GF100 Facts & Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia's cranial-rectal inversion status with partners *OMG!* using something besides Nvidia's standard design hurts them more than they care to know. Nvidia make take the speed crown with Fermi, but they could really deal a hurting if they would loosen up enough to let their partners get creative and release some nice improvements. Of course, when you can barely get the thing to work as-is you wuld be scared to let anyone tinker with it anyway...

Review sites that are generally favorable to Nvidia (read: sold out) get cards before release to put through the paces and have reviews ready at launch. Any other review sites (read: at least partially impartial) have to wait in line and hope for the best.

what do you mean? Because of trying to get it to work because it's a brand new product?

the hd45870 and hd5970 are having yield issues as well it isn't nvidias fault it is tmsnc 40nm prodution fabb. from my understanding the yield issues are improving. its sad just look at xfx they barely sell nvidia cards anymore i cant even buy a ndvidia gtx295 on ncix but who cares i want an hd5870 anyway lol

the hd45870 and hd5970 are having yield issues as well it isn't nvidias fault it is tmsnc 40nm prodution fabb. from my understanding the yield issues are improving. its sad just look at xfx they barely sell nvidia cards anymore i cant even buy a ndvidia gtx295 on ncix but who cares i want an hd5870 anyway lol

The problem is with TSMC's 40nm process but nivida's preference for massive dies will only make a bad situation worse. Supposedly Fermi yields are ~20% compared to 60-80% yields for cypress. If those numbers are correct that means the fermi gpu alone could cost as much as $200.

..............so that is why the HD 5970 costs so much :(. I was just reading about the GF 100 on techpowerup. OMG.......sounds amazing! On paper that is :p. I will keep my eye out on it for sure.

Official Evga box

11hwev9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom