Nvidia Prices to drop soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
Fudzilla

Fud said:
As of tomorrow, Nvidia plans drop the prices of Geforce GTX 280 and 260. The reason for this sudden price cut is that the cards are not selling as well as Nvidia expected. The second part of the story is that Radeon HD 4870 ended up better than Nvidia had hoped.

Nvidia will cut $90 of the Geforce GTX 280 price-tag, but this is Nvidia's price to partners and we are not sure just how much will this affect the suggested etail price. We are sure that end user prices will also drop but probably a bit less than $90.

The Geforce GTX 260 will be $30 cheaper to partners and Nvidia will only offer limited price protection which means that some partners / distributors and stores might end up with some overpriced cards at their warehouses.

Many people won't be happy but as of tomorrow GTX 280 and GTX 260 should be cheaper.

Price drops are good for everyone, but I will still wait on the X2's...

lol $110 for a 9800gtx.. we wish.. (that will probably happen next year though haha)

hmm now one gtx280 is becomign even more intreaging for me, that or i may splurge on sli gtx280, time will tell once i get teh cash, should be easy with a new second job. alltho im betting sli gtx260 will give similar performence for a much beter price.

edit: on some brand at ncix they have lowerd allready teh bfg card is at 539.99 and the evga gtx260 is at 349.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom