NVIDIA Launching Entry-Level Cards In August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding?! It was hands down the worst card I've ever had. Crashing, freezing, poor performance, etc.
I was sooo happy when I upgraded to an 8800GTS :p I remember thinking WOW this is a powerhouse lol

You know they were essentially the same thing right? The 8800GTS 512mb was a G92 as was the 8800GT, it's worth noting that G92 is their longest running and most successful gpu, as it has been known by about 5 names. I think it's funny you are dissing one of nvidia's best cards.

^ not the 8800GT. That card fails, srsly.
LOL
:confused: The 8800gt is arguably the best card nvidia ever made, just look at the number of G92 derivatives that are still on the market today nearly 3 years after it's launch. It was also the first card to really push high end performance at a midrange price.
+1
You know they were essentially the same thing right? The 8800GTS 512mb was a G92 as was the 8800GT, it's worth noting that G92 is their longest running and most successful gpu, as it has been known by about 5 names. I think it's funny you are dissing one of nvidia's best cards.
+1, the GTS just had like 16 more SP's

weird...
Mebbe it's cause i had the 256Mb version of the GT and the 640Mb version of the GTS

The 800GTS 320mb and 640mb used the older, slower, and hotter g80 core while the 8800GTS 512mb used the g92 core like the 8800gt. A 8800gts 640mb would have most likely been a downgrade from the 8800GT even if it was only a 256mb one.

OOOH! god **** it, I know why I'm confused now
I meant the 8600GT not the 8800GT :p
my bad lol, great start to the day :facepalm:

I just hope they don't stop making the gtx 285 because of the 460. The performance will probably be pretty comparable, will it not? Maybe slightly better. I just need that thing to drop drop drop in price so I can sli.

I just hope they don't stop making the gtx 285 because of the 460. The performance will probably be pretty comparable, will it not? Maybe slightly better. I just need that thing to drop drop drop in price so I can sli.

Yeah, I'm hoping for the same thing with the GTX260s - doesn't help that they're fairly hard to get hold of over here :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom