Nvidia GTX3x0 info exposed ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 280 and 260 are most likely going to have a VERY short life span due to their cost. So i dont really see any reason that they would care about cannibalizing sales. The 260 and 280 have already dropped in price a lot.

i think that will hurt nvidia and the trust that people have in them as a company.. i mean if they put out a 'high end' card and then put out a more high end card for the same price, then i think a lot of people would wonder what they were trying to do...

Ya, nvidia NEVER did that before!*sarcasm* I mean the 9800gx2 was only like what? $500-550 something when it first came out.

And I would be angry at the increadible price drops that are coming.

oh yeah, they've been doing it because they've been able to do it for so long.. and finally ATI has been able to put out some cards that don't really compete on a performance level, but slaughter in the Price:performance ratio.. and here's a post from sli-zone.

A close partner of NVIDIA and reliable source of mine called me today with the release info of the GTX300...

It seems NVIDIA has scrapped the GT200b all together, known better as the TSCM 55nm process to be used in the 9800GTX+

NVIDIA has now jumped over several hurdles and finally made the move to their own 45nm process to be used in the new GTX cards to come. As far as features, not only did they implement DX10.1 but they have jumped over DX10.1 and met all the specifications of the much awaited DX11!!!

The card will feature an 800Mhz core thanks to the 45nm die shrink, 384 SP's, GDDR5 @ 4Ghz (effective), and SP's running at a whopping 2.0Ghz!!!

LOL, I've never doubted NVIDIA - even when ATI gets close, I highly doubt ATI has any tricks up their sleeves to combat this monster of a card!

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten an exact release date yet - but from the sounds of things it doesn't sound too far off in the distance. NVIDIA's stocks tumbled over the past week losing over 30% in a single day due to a statement that they expect weak sales for the quarter (due to the HD4000 series) and I don't think they want to waste any time letting ATI try to catch up again! This also explains the sudden drop in price of both the GTX260 and GTX280 down to HD4850/70 levels respectively...

i just laughed at that reasoning...

oh and btw, the info is fake.

The funny thing is that they'd lose their precious nVidia cards if they kept winning over and over and over (and over............)

When i said price, i actually mean production costs of the 280. And no one is going to care if nvidia brings out a super high end card only a few months after their last super high end card. Its not like it hasnt happened before. The 8800GTX reigning supreme for 18 months was a fluke, and probably wont happen again.

oh yeah, they've been doing it because they've been able to do it for so long.. and finally ATI has been able to put out some cards that don't really compete on a performance level, but slaughter in the Price:performance ratio.. and here's a post from sli-zone.

i just laughed at that reasoning...

oh and btw, the info is fake.

lol there stock droped about 15% which is still alot because of a recal on most of there low end laptop gfx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom