NVIDIA GT300 Specs Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't you read the article? the high end one will use 512 cores. Doesn't mention bus size though.

I bet this thing will be horribly expensive when it's first released. And you'll probably be able to fry an egg on it even with the fan at 100% :\

didn't you read the article? the high end one will use 512 cores. Doesn't mention bus size though.

I bet this thing will be horribly expensive when it's first released. And you'll probably be able to fry an egg on it even with the fan at 100% :\

haha, with the way some people who dont know anybetter, frying eggs with fan @ 100% shouldnt be a problem :) j/k

something tells me they have a small fix for the heat.

my 285 runs cooler (@ 40%fan) than my 8800gts (g80)(@ 80+%fan) under load. not sayin the gtx 300's will be cooler than the 200's but they should have something up their sleeve.

or maybe i just had a horrible fan installed on my g80
cause i remember load temps in the 80's (C), while the hotest i have seen my 285 go was 66C running the same applications

i'm pretty sure those are just hot GPU's .

my gtx 260 runs at like 70C max load at 40% speed. that's 158F.
Eggs need to reach 144 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit before they'll turn from a liquid to a solid

my current card can theoretically fry an egg :p so i'm sure these new ones could too.

i dunno they might have a fix. but 512 cores seem like they'll get awfully hot. And they said they are in clusters of 32 now instead of 24..maybe they'll have an effect on the heat too?

i'm pretty sure those are just hot GPU's .

my gtx 260 runs at like 70C max load at 40% speed. that's 158F.

my current card can theoretically fry an egg :p so i'm sure these new ones could too.

i dunno they might have a fix. but 512 cores seem like they'll get awfully hot. And they said they are in clusters of 32 now instead of 24..maybe they'll have an effect on the heat too?

would placement of these clusters effect the heat spread?

The only way it'd effect the heat spread is if the clusters were comparitavely closer together than they previously were in the 24 cluster arrangement.

Let me take the business perspective for this. I am a shareholder and I have to think that a $600-$800 price range for the flagship GT300 is not going to sell very well.

Does anyone know any games coming out that actually need 3 TFLOPS of power that are predicted in the article? For the past 3 years I have upgraded video cards constantly. I have probably stuck with the GTX 260 the longest in the past 3 years because I see no need to upgrade. Every game plays just fine.

What incentive would someone like me......and when the economy was good and there was actual performance increases I upgraded all the time.......have to upgrade to a $600 card?

Current games. I guess it all depends on why you build. I don't like to build for today, I like to not have to upgrade for a while (barring bad parts of course). That was my aim for my last computer, but man did I fail hard with the shift in technologies.

Now, $600-$800 bucks, that's crazy. I would hope they aren't that expensive. If they are, I would just get a 285 and SLI later. Or wait for prices to die down.

$600 is normal....thats what all high end cards launch at just about.

Heck the 8800 ultra was in the $700-800 range i think.

When the GTX295 came out, the max price I can remember was around $550, which I thought was expensive enough. For a high end card, I can understand, but for a lower GT300, I can't see it being that expensive. Like, a 395 would be $600 ish, 385 maybe $300-$400, 360 maybe around $250, etc.

At least, that's what makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom