NVIDIA GT300 Specs Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the 295 came out, GT200 had been out for awhile already.

When the first cards of a new generation first release...theyre very expensive.

dont remember when G80 launched?? 8800GTS's were expensive and got trumped buy the 8800GT a year later.

I remember when they were launched, I'm just remembering when the GT200 series was launched. They weren't as expensive as the 8000 series. Not to mention the economy being the way it is, they should know they won't sell much in the way of new cards if they are that expensive.

GT200's were expensive until ATI launched the Hd 4800's at lower prices and nvidia dropped their prices to be competitive.

I expect GT300's prices to be largely dependent on how competitive r800 is and how AMD prices it.

GT200's were expensive until ATI launched the Hd 4800's at lower prices and nvidia dropped their prices to be competitive.

I expect GT300's prices to be largely dependent on how competitive r800 is and how AMD prices it.

well consider AMD going 40nm in their fab n maybe still stick with 256-bit, they can no doubt will still be able to win Nvidia in lower prices.

8800ultra i remember was over $1,000 for some brands atleast @ tiger direct.

but its not a question of "do I need this" its a question of "do i want and can i afford this"

there are people all over the world that just love to have the best they can get their hands on.

8800ultra i remember was over $1,000 for some brands atleast @ tiger direct.

but its not a question of "do I need this" its a question of "do i want and can i afford this"

there are people all over the world that just love to have the best they can get their hands on.

ya! The 8800 Ultra was almost $1000! Cant believe on how times change fast. If u want a new card that just came out, or any other parts, just wait on it unless ur desperate and have the money :p.

These cards will be expensive, no doubt about that. Nvidia is making another big chip, so they can't beat ATI on lowest price, but they might be able to beat them on price/performance. In that regard ti comes down to who has the more efficient manufacturing process and who has the highest yields. If GT300 yields are low then you can bet it will be very pricey.

When I bought my 1st GTX 280 it was $460, I can see them putting a $600 price tag on these new cards.

I don't know about that. Like what was said earlier, when Nvidia released the GTX200 ATI didn't have anything that could compete, that's why they were all so stupidly high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom