Nvidia GPU processing for CS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
NVIDIA GPUs enable Adobe's creative masterpiece

In a press release received today from the Santa Clara, CA based company, NVIDIA has announced that it has toiled with Adobe to provide native GPU support in the company's Creative Suite 4 software.

It is claimed that utilising the power of an NVIDIA GPU, creates a faster, yet more natural way of working with images. This, by the by, doesn't sacrifice on quality or productivity though and Adobe's newest solution is the first of its kind to tap into the potential of native GPU acceleration.

NVIDIA GPUs enable Adobe's creative masterpiece :: TweakTown

Gotta love CUDA!!

This will really open up a lot of doors for people who do heavy image processing, since a $90 9600GSO can work way faster than any cpu on the market.

Thats pretty cool.

Man if i was till in school, id sneak F@H onto the workstations with Nvidia cards....lol

we cant the school network has deep freeze so if we instal anything its gone after loging off. its because our school bouard gives otu a 50000$ budget for the media zone per year and we havetn had it in 5 years, weve just had a bunch of donations so where completeling overhauling everything where getting a new dell workstation for the teacher. and a bunch of towers with e6850's maybe even wolfies, and some 8600gt's. where also getting soem 19 inch lcd's, and some nikon d40's for the photography class. it sucks that its my last year in high school, ohwell colledge will be beter next year anyway.

My senior year of high school they actually bought 20 Apple ][e's, so be thankful.

Can't read the article... TweakTown has decided to be anal and block their site if you have ad blockers. Guess I just don't bother to go to their site anymore... their loss, and no skin off my nose.

we cant the school network has deep freeze so if we instal anything its gone after loging off. its because our school bouard gives otu a 50000$ budget for the media zone per year and we havetn had it in 5 years, weve just had a bunch of donations so where completeling overhauling everything where getting a new dell workstation for the teacher. and a bunch of towers with e6850's maybe even wolfies, and some 8600gt's. where also getting soem 19 inch lcd's, and some nikon d40's for the photography class. it sucks that its my last year in high school, ohwell colledge will be beter next year anyway.

Yeah i know, maybe you could talk to the IT guy in charge?

Chances are he knows about F@H and supports it, and may install it himself.

My senior year of high school they actually bought 20 Apple ][e's, so be thankful.

Can't read the article... TweakTown has decided to be anal and block their site if you have ad blockers. Guess I just don't bother to go to their site anymore... their loss, and no skin off my nose.

Yeah screw Tweaktown, i shouldint have to disable my adblockers just to read an article on their site.

ours is hired by the school board, and doesnt work in the building they moved our network out of the building, so it wouldnt be possible to fold at school. but im sure if it happens i could take up a petition to do it we are a catholic school after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom