NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed?

The rumor mill is in high gear today with what appear to be final specs and pricing on the GeForce GTX 470 and 480 in the forums today. According to the linked information, the GeForce 470 will have 448 stream processors, 225W TDP and a $349 (US) price tag. The GeForce GTX 480 will have 512 stream processors, 295W TDP and a $499 (US) price tag. For comparison, the TDP of the GTX 480 is very similar to the Radeon HD 5970 which happens to be a dual GPU card. Follow the link above for rumored "internal benchmarks" and a lively discussion on the entire topic at hand.

re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

Well the pricing sounds better than the $699 rumor that was flying around. But the 295W TDP just doesn't sound good for a air-cooled system.

Yeah that's a lot of power for a single chip card. Hope it oc's crazy good.

$500 is pretty okay for a price. But considering how late in the game it's arriving, it needs to be faster than the 5870 :|

So the GTX 480 costs ~$100 more than a 5870, has a 107w higher TDP, and is rumored to be less than 15% faster.

rumors are just that, I'm waiting for real numbers. I think the deal buster may rely on whether AMD drops their prices a little more or not.

The GTX 470 is looking real good. I wish it would launch at like $300 tho.

Heard too many of these rumours to get excited now. Enough speculating, I'm just gonna wait until they're released.

Any idea when the release date was again?

Heard too many of these rumours to get excited now. Enough speculating, I'm just gonna wait until they're released.

Any idea when the release date was again?

The 26th of march is a paper launch. Actual availability will be a few weeks after that. So start saving now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom