NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously everybody who is in such shock about a GTX 480 cooler has never seen a cooler off a GTX 200 series card either. They have 4 Direct touch heatpipes, or at least mine did :p They are just not as visible as the ones on a GTX 480, and dont protrude off in to space like the GTX 480s do :D

Really? None I've seen had them.

And I think Puddle is just trying to emphasize that the cards run HOT, not that the heatsink design is shocking

mind posting some links?

Anandtech: NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 470: 6 Months Late, Was It Worth the Wait?

To wrap things up, let's start with the obvious: NVIDIA has reclaimed their crown – they have the fastest single-GPU card. The GTX 480 is between 10 and 15% faster than the Radeon 5870 depending on the resolution, giving it a comfortable lead over AMD's best single-GPU card.

AnandTech: NVIDIA?s GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 470: 6 Months Late, Was It Worth the Wait?

I was basing my statement off of Anandtech's article since they have consistently been an objective, unbiased source for reviews which is something that can't be said about many other sites. (cough Tom's cough)

Edit: Zedman and Burn beat me to it.

interesting.
I find it strange that depending on which site you visit you'll either be told it's 10% 15% or 20% better. Someone's skewing results methinks. Sigh, big surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom