NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

Honestly, gaming performance is much more important than folding performance. That's a nice improvement there, but the card still isn't worth the price.

Yea I don't think the card is THAT bad. I mean for it being 6 months late it's pretty meh at this point. But in general the price to performance isn't that bad compared to ATI. It's better than the 5870 by a pretty good lot and it holds it's on against the 5970 which is a duel GPU for the same price. Sure sure the wattage is high..but cmon most people use a 750+watt PSU and only use like 400ish watts of it..so why not put the wasted watts to good use? Yea, that means higher electric bills and heat..but it can't be that bad. Like someone said earlier, if you can afford these types of high end cards you should be able to pay the electric bill that comes with it........It's like buying a hummer but can't afford to put gas in it lol

Yea I don't think the card is THAT bad. I mean for it being 6 months late it's pretty meh at this point. But in general the price to performance isn't that bad compared to ATI. It's better than the 5870 by a pretty good lot and it holds it's on against the 5970 which is a duel GPU for the same price. Sure sure the wattage is high..but cmon most people use a 750+watt PSU and only use like 400ish watts of it..so why not put the wasted watts to good use? Yea, that means higher electric bills and heat..but it can't be that bad. Like someone said earlier, if you can afford these types of high end cards you should be able to pay the electric bill that comes with it........It's like buying a hummer but can't afford to put gas in it lol

Lmao. No single card draws close to 400w by it self :p That's total system power consumption.

lmao. you fail at reading posts :p
he WAS talking about total system draw. read it again :thumbsup:

Ohh, I feel slow. Just disregard it then, my mind is like a bowl of soup right now, all mixed up :crazy:

Edit: My God, this thread is 15 pages long :D

only 4 pages for me :)

and a mod should change the question mark in the title to an exclamation mark lol

more on f@h performance:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 GF100 DX11 Video Card Review - GeForce GTX F@H Performance - Legit Reviews

I would like to see this come true:
Stanford will be dropping a GPU3 client to work on these new cards as the GPU2 client does not work. As of 2am this morning we are being told "coming soon" for the full release of this client, but the early rumor is some time in April.
Hopefully that release will include the new code for ATI GPU's, as the last I heard GPU3 was coming to Nvidia first, then ATI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom