NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

The $1200 price tag for that caught mine :p

Your calculator is different than mine because $499 x 2=$998, according to mine. I paid more for (2) 280GTX's, they were $600 a piece when they came out.

Fermi totally sucks, big surprise.

errrmmm...did you miss the part where the 480 beat the 5870 on average by 20%? :p

ATI has a better line up that's for SURE, but for gaming enthusiasts Nvidia is now the better choice once again.

ATI has a better line up that's for SURE, but for gaming enthusiasts Nvidia is now the better choice once again.
No, not really. 475W load power consumption compared to 320W for the 5870, on AVERAGE 20% faster than the 5870 (on the most commonly played games it is much less), and it came out 6 months later.

Not all that great if you ask me.

I don't think the people with 5870's are regretting buying them at all right now.

Not to mention ATI still has cards to release to "counter" Fermi.

Fermi totally sucks, big surprise.
Yep...

The power consumption, heat, and late arrival to the game is what bothers me. 480 SLI would be nothing less than ****ing sweet though :D

I don't think the people with 5870's are regretting buying them at all right now.
:thumbsup:

The 480 sli load video was deafening, I couldn't imagine having to listen to that gaming.

I don't care when a card's release or who made it, if it's faster than the others out there I want it! Heat? who cares so long as it doesn't negatively affect your fps. Wattage? I think I *mite* be able to afford paying for 155w, as should anyone who spends $400+ on a gfx card.

5870's in crossfire would cost nearly as much as a 480 sli config, but there'd be a massive gap in performance.

For anyone who got the 5870's wanting a dual-gpu solution later on, IMO they *will* be dissapointed.

:thumbsup:

The 480 sli load video was deafening, I couldn't imagine having to listen to that gaming.

Agreed it's like having a shop vac going inside your computer.

@SOULPHIRE
Your point doesn't address the dbA levels of those cards... Vacuum cleaners...
And the ungodly amount of heat they disperse...
95C on full load?
95C is a mere 5C below my motherboard's automatic cutoff mark

Personally, I'm glad I never buy high end cards anymore.
They're loud, ridiculously overpriced, and a waste of time.
I'll be sticking to my budget cards from here on out.
Heck I'll stay away from high-mid cards due to fan noise.
The GTX 260 216 fans were too much for me beyond 75%
I don't think I'll buy any graphics card that costs more than $150 ever again.

I'm not really that impressed with it(if at all).

But it's a good card, no doubt about that.

I don't care when a card's release or who made it, if it's faster than the others out there I want it! Heat? who cares so long as it doesn't negatively affect your fps. Wattage? I think I *mite* be able to afford paying for 155w, as should anyone who spends $400+ on a gfx card.

:umm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom