NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

At least you're awake enough for suspense to be realized I honestly don't know how I'm making it through this week. Soccer everyday at 5:30-730 is killing me :(

TBH the 480 looks like a hold-over almost. They're using up old tech and manufacturing for a big hot card that's just good enough to compete with ATI's new smaller gpus. Though price-wise, I doubt they'll compete all that well :p

Hey FC, I see you changed ur sig :) didn't know I was that persuasive rofl

Some benchies for you guies!

gtx4802.jpg

73529807.jpg

14b47ec.png

Source, Futuremark / YouGamers Forums - View Single Post - The Truth. I have seen it.

These are "supposedly" from a nvidia engineer.

Looks like it varies a lot on what the 480 is faster than the 5870 for.

hmmmm...
Why no 5970 in there I wonder. Probably would make the 480's scores look bad. SIGH! still, those are some nice numbers if they're true.
on average for the first chart, the 480 is 21.5% faster than the 5870

Seems faster overall, though not by much. Every game that's playable on the 480 is playable on the 5870 it seems. All comes down to pricing now.

hmmmm...
Why no 5970 in there I wonder. Probably would make the 480's scores look bad. SIGH! still, those are some nice numbers if they're true.
on average for the first chart, the 480 is 21.5% faster than the 5870

IMO That should have been expected of Fermi. I mean the 5850/5870 came out 6 months ago...

I'm curious about what ATI is going to release (if anything) to counter Nvidia's cards

Well this could be interesting.
The most popular 5870 on newegg retails for ~$450, and if the GTX 480 really IS gonna sell for $499 then I'd say the price is justified.

But... we still dont know how true these benchies are. They could have been twisted by nvidia :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom