NVIDIA Forceware 180: Big Bang II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
Sounds interesting but I wonder how good it can really be? Only way is to wait and see I guess.

NVIDIA Forceware 180: Big Bang II?

NVIDIA will launch a new version of its ForceWare graphics drivers in September, and its unusual name is causing some ripples. GPUCafe claims to have information on what the new update will include, and if they're right, it will be quite an update indeed.

The new release, properly called ForceWare release 180, is being referred to in NVIDIA documentation as "Big Bang 2." This name evokes an earlier driver launch, Big Bang, which first allowed multi-GPU support on the GeForce 6000 series. The name implies that this driver release will be similarly huge, and the declared feature list is pretty compelling. GPUCafe says ForceWare release 180 will bring the following features:

* Multimonitor support for SLI
* Display Port support
* OpenGL 3.0
* Hardware video transcoding
* GPU PhysX support
* Performance optimizations

I thought this passed alrdy, Isn't this when they enabled PhysX and other goodies on the G80 and above?

If this is true, i'm going to keep my 260s and sell the 4870s. The main reason i switched from SLI to crossfire was for multimonitor support. Seems like the 260s will be able to hand a 30" monitor better than the 4870s will. Hmm decisions decisions.

nVidia is really at the tough spot now...

AMD is dominating the high, medium and the low end now... and Intel is also planning on releasing their Larabee right? They are desperately holding on like AMD was in the last two series for them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom