Next-generation ion engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnd187

Banned
The NEXT Project is a proposed two-part endeavor. The first phase is a one-year effort to design, build and test initial versions of ion thrusters, propellant feed systems and power processing units, which convert solar array power into forms useful for the ion engine. At the end of Phase 1, NASA may exercise a Phase 2 option to complete hardware development and integrate components into a full-scale system.

Spaceflight Now | Breaking News | Next-generation ion engine development begins

This is a huge leap forward in space flight technology, I think it's great that we are finally building engines that make manned flight to near earth planets such an Mars.

Read about this a few years back. Very interesting stuff. They also have a proto "force field" made from incredibly compressed plasma that does a good job absorbing energy.

Well of course it is, regardless of how old... I'd love to hear what new breakthroughs they've made. I hate when they mention some amazing tech on the horizon then no news for years and years.

This is neat stuff. I read about this in Star Trek books. The ion-engine is the first step. I also hear about teleportation too and how an apple was tested, but failed miserably. But they're working on it still.

I'm just into the new hydrogen fuel cell cars coming out this year. That is something we can all look forward too.

The only real teleportation success they've had is at the atomic level with entangled pairs (google spooky at a distance).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom