The Next-Gen Review Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure I could justify buying a 4870 because then I can stick my 8800GT into my Brisbane rig (its alive! Running off of a 6GB HDD and onboard video, but still it lives! Its my closet computer, if I open my closet and I think "oh snap, I should check TF" then I can)

But if its over 300 dollars it'll be hard to justify. Unless the performance is insane.

i personally think it'll be as good as a gtx260.. no doubt in my mind

going from 800 to 1000 shaders... and gddr3.. to 3.6ghz gddr5 .. it should be a noticeable difference (note that it has 2 memory clock domains... gddr5 seems amazing!!)

I really hope its better than a gtx260, and I hope the X2 blows away every card on the market, I want AMD to win this, giving nVidia some competition is good for my wallet.

the x2... seems more dependent on if the drivers for crossfire in games shape up.. if it does... then i tihnk it'll give the gtx280 a run for its money

meh... i think nvidia is still gonan come out on top in terms of raw power

and i've been looking at gtx 280's.. and my god are they sexy... i want one so bad

meh... i think nvidia is still gonan come out on top in terms of raw power

and i've been looking at gtx 280's.. and my god are they sexy... i want one so bad

Thats a nice thought but right now there isn't much backing that up. The way things stand now it looks like ATI will crush Nvidia when the 4870 comes out. Although anything could happen.

AMD/ATI seems to be picking up steam. They have finally gotten through the growing pains of the merger/buyout and are beginning to apply the joint resources and innovation. From where I stand, I can only see them getting better from here on in.

that's what i've been saying from the 2k series... There were more important things for AMD/ATI to have on their minds then making top top quality components. And now they have the ability to do so much more then just nvidia and intel cause they can work on ways to make cpu to gpu communication better and increase performance with the spyder platform.

Thats a nice thought but right now there isn't much backing that up. The way things stand now it looks like ATI will crush Nvidia when the 4870 comes out. Although anything could happen.

the 4870 is not made to compete with the gtx280.. and we should all know this... it should only be 10-15 percent better than the 4850.. and that leaves it 10-50 percent behind the gtx280....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom