The Next-Gen Review Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ehh how do you reckon that? A single 4870x2 keeps up with and beats GTX 280 sli much of the time....and when quadfire works properly it owns

grid.gif

And thats only one review, read them all and ull see.

Edit: And I just ordered one. :) Should be here by monday. Now I just need to install Vista!!

4 GPU > 2 GPU...nuff said :| I know the 4870x2 is close to/little better than a gtx 280...but i still think it's so unfair to ramble on about how it's so great when it's 2 GPU's vs 1 GPU even if it's similar price....

The 4870 X2 isn't "close/little better than a GTX 280", the 4870 X2 smokes it.

Eats it for lunch, Pwns it, rapes it, molests it, destroys it, need I go on?

The 4870 X2 Beats the GTX 280 in the vast majority of all the tests over all the reviews, thats not close...

erm ok then compare a GTX 280 sli setup to a 4870x2.....not only does the 4870x2 beat it most of the time but it costs waaaaay less

Means a TON! For once a very good card at similar price outperforms all the competition by a great margin. It is not a "1 GPU vs. 2 GPU" fight. It is a fight for having the dominating "single card" solution. What's inside doesn't matter. If the price/performance ratio stands true then the winner is the winner, regardless of what strategy or hardware was used. Oh, and if you want to get picky, the HD 4870 single gpu card can easily beat a GTX 280 in some circumstances, especially when overclocked. So in that sense, a 1 GPU 4870 card is better than the other 1 GPU GTX 280 card that has twice the memory! Imagine if one of the GPU's from the 4870X2 was used against the GTX 280. They would probably be near exactly the same, but the one card would cost much much less like it currently does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom