The Next-Gen Review Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT has become increasingly clear that if you grab a single 4850 or 4870 and overclock it, it is able to keep up with and in many cases meet the GTX 280.. (Well within an acceptable Margin)

And now you factor in the price of all three cards and there is absolutely no reason to buy nvidia.

Well, of course, unless your a fanboy..

Actually.... there is a reason to buy nvidia. And i'll give it to you. For me to switch to crossfire i would have to sell my 9800's. I would get around 175 each for them, and maybe 125 for my board. That leaves me 450 to spend. 2 4870s (not interested int he 4850) and a new x48 board would run me around 850. So i'm out 400ish.

OR, i could step up to SLI GTX260 for 130+ shipping for each of my cards and keep my motherboard until it dies then go 750i :)

Actually.... there is a reason to buy nvidia. And i'll give it to you. For me to switch to crossfire i would have to sell my 9800's. I would get around 175 each for them, and maybe 125 for my board. That leaves me 450 to spend. 2 4870s (not interested int he 4850) and a new x48 board would run me around 850. So i'm out 400ish.

OR, i could step up to SLI GTX260 for 130+ shipping for each of my cards and keep my motherboard until it dies then go 750i :)

Single card.... I said.

Not sure if you saw my thread about my new UFO case. Thats the reason i bought it. Its going to have 2 pumps, 2 res, 2 360mm rads :)

lol i look at every thread you make, especially with pics XD yeah your setup looks completely bad***. I've been looking around the mountainmods site because theres absolutely nothing else out there I found that can do the trick. I've got a Ascension CYO all picked out that i'm thinkin about. Hard to swallow the price but that's no biggie. They're some roomy lookin cases.

Just gotta wait for the cards now -.- .

Well, of course, unless your a fanboy..

I lol'd
Ya, boy, i might forget the 4870 though because i saw crossfire results on 2x 4850's and 2x 4870's and many times they were within 1-3 fps of each other. Thats like what? $200 more for a few fps if you think about it....But thats only in crossfire. In regular 1 v 1, the 4870 is a beast and well worth it over the 4850.

I disagree :p

If you are overclocking the 4870 is not going to hit any higher than the 4850....and from what I've seen the gDDR5 only provides a minimal increase in fps.

Seems like the same deal as the 3850 an 3870....

Ah, well, I have seen your results with your 3850. But I need more convincing before I go for a 4850 before a 4870 in single card. But for crossfire, you must agree that 2x 4850 is best bang for buck compared to 2x 4870, espically with those benchies out there.

How much does thr GTX+ cost, because it seems that the 4850 is sometimes slightly faster and then sometimes slightly slower than it.

So if the GTX+ is around 229, the 4850 may still be the better card for the price.

Once someone sends me the formated editions for the 9800GTX+ I will add them.

hold up Drizzt5, u have to remember, there isnt any decent drivers yet for the 4850 n 4870, so they can do a lot better with better drivers, these benchmarks we see are early ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom