The Next-Gen Review Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about keeping now actually lol.

The reason I wanted to return it was because it would only oc to 690mhz, it would crash at 700....it turns out that was temperature related.

However I just ghetto-rigged the fan to stay at 100% the whole time (so loud)...now I idle 33c and am 49c full load....and now it passes 700mhz no problem, can't go any farther as that's all CCC allows for now. Need to wait for rivatuner or something else to support the 48xx series.

I've got a maze4 gpu block on its way to me so hopefully once this thing is under water and some decent clocking software is released I'll get a good OC with some vmodding :)

oh and 1 other thing. I don't think you can crossfire 38xx and 48xx series as I just spent about 2 hours trying. No worky :/

I'm waiting for the 4870 before i make any decisions about cards. My case will FINALLY show up tommorow, so at least i'll have something new to tinker with to keep me occupied.

Aw, thats unfortunate. Gurusan... wouldn't now be a good time to W/C again? And can't you OC with rivatuner and stuff anyways, i din't know it had to support it.

..I am already watercooled....and rivatuner has to support the card to be able to control it. It doesn't yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom