The Next-Gen Review Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
its sad to say we wont really know how fast they truely are until one of us gets our hands on one, and over clocks our cpu's close to 4.0 so looks like either I, Veed, noss, or hhammen need to pick one up. allthought im preaty sure hhammen will be buying 3 for tri sli, should be considerably faster then sli 9800gx2.

if you look at the resolutions and settings they bench at you'll see CPU speed will have very little impact

Unless you're playing a game like supreme commander where you're throwing thousands of individual units around anything over 3.0 or 3.2ghz is going to be negligible in games.

only thing that'll change is synthetic benchmarks. we'll probably see drivers improve things a bit, but overall this is probably where it's going to rank. good 'nuff for me.

I wonder how evga's gtx280 waterblock performs.

ehh, i didnt care to read everything because the posts were making me angry...

this is exactly as the 8800gtx was when it first came out.. it was roughly as good as the 7950gx2... then.. with more mature drivers.. what do you know?? creams the **** out of it

moral of the story folks.. new technology... new drivers.. give it time... i promise it'll get better ;)

bah, when it first came out, it wasnt where it was today was it? i think not!

okay.. i think i was thinking of the gts... hahaha, whooops!!! oh well... but anyway.. just wait, i see great things in the future

and not only that... the 9800gx2 was done much more better and efficiently than the 7950gx2... in my opinion 8800gtx to the gtx280 was a pretty big leap... i just wish the prices werent so hugemungous

Apparently ATI just made a statement that the 4850 will be 75% the speed of the GTX 280.....at a fraction of the cost and power usage. This means 2 4850s in CF will be much better bang for buck than the GTX.

ya.. i've been reading up on this 4850...

i just may have to buy me an intel board.. i'm glad i didnt hop on the gtx280 yet... i'll wait about a month before i make a decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom