Newegg as a business wholesaler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenvoid01

In Runtime
I don't know if I have the right forum for this but basically I was planning on getting a business license to sell pc's I have built. Newegg always has great reasonable parts. Is Newegg considered a wholesaler businesses can purchase from and later declare tax right offs?

Well... I am not 100%, but I would think that since they sell OEM type stuff, that they wold not be a wholesaler. When they have sales, they limit some of the items to 2/3/4 items per household... so that leads me to think, No.

Well... I am not 100%, but I would think that since they sell OEM type stuff, that they wold not be a wholesaler. When they have sales, they limit some of the items to 2/3/4 items per household... so that leads me to think, No.

They also have volume discounts.

I don't think they do, our computer shop did all our ordering from them, and I think it was mostly just like any normal customer. We got treated a lot better though, haha.

It doesn't hurt to try, give them a call. i guess it depends on the amount of stuff you're going to be getting, they may be interested.

I don't know if I have the right forum for this but basically I was planning on getting a business license to sell pc's I have built. Newegg always has great reasonable parts. Is Newegg considered a wholesaler businesses can purchase from and later declare tax right offs?

As far as tax right offs, you'd just declare what you order as expenses, they don't technically need to be a wholesaler to do so.

You'll have to set up a business account but that's all. You can do all that stuff through them, no problem. A lot of smaller-medium businesses do.

yea i'm sure you could unless they have a really small limit on items and they won't make any special offers for you. But i'm sure it'd be cheaper if you just contacted the main companies (like the ones that supply newegg) about it. I'm sure you wouldn't get a variety of things though...it'd just be the same stuff

I think I remember reading on their site that they're not a wholesaler, and something about "they already have their prices at such a low amount" or something along those lines.

I think I remember reading on their site that they're not a wholesaler, and something about "they already have their prices at such a low amount" or something along those lines.

Correct, Newegg is your typical wholesaler/distributor/supplier in almost every aspect.... except for one.

Most wholesalers only deal B2B, fewer customers, same amount of total sales, larger orders. It's alot easier to deal with B2B vs. consumer, which is why most are this way. However, Newegg sells consumer direct. They are a distributor, they just go direct to the consumer with their goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom