Nehalem benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
Here is a new benchmark from hexus
HEXUS.net - Review :: Intel Nehalem benchmarked: muscling to victory : Page - 1/9

Note: In some tests lower means better, so be careful when you look a the bechmarks.

This is a benchmark for a Pre-production Nehalem 2.93GHz. It outperformed QX9770 in almost all benchmarks except in gaming

However, there was driver problem which affected the performance in gaming. So, gaming should not be taken seriously because they are not using the proper drivers

The test system included slower-than-expected DDR3-1,066MHz memory in tri-channel mode and, as you will see when we arrive at the gaming benchmarks, there was some untoward graphics-related behaviour exhibited, too.

Please, please bear in mind that this is a look at a pre-production CPU and motherboard, and final numbers may not be indicative of retail performance. It's also not an apples-to-apples comparison, insofar as value is concerned.

Personally, I can't wait to see how the final Nehalem with proper drivers will perform !

enjoy

Very impressive!

I won't be upgrading to it either... probably with Deneb too... I'm feeling even Dual-Core is a bit much for me... only thing I'll be upgrading every now and then is my GPU. However, if I feel a super bottleneck, I might look into a CPU Upgrade... maybe...

Looks good, I'm patiently waiting on these processors, my X38/Q6600 will be replaced by the almighty Core i7. I thinking I should keep my Silverston 1000W + TJ10-BW for new build.

I can see it now... wait for usb3.0, build a system with a nehalem based cpu, enjoy the latest in gpu's, and that system will be my first water-cooling system... of course, this is talking in the form of at the earliest Q2 of 2010 LOL

meh if my family ever becomes financially stable...i should be building a rig near the end of Q4 and maybe the start of Q1 next year :(

i can't wait till they get more info out of the chipsets/boards used for nehalem...so confusing right now. chip looks great so far...just the rest of it is to cloudy

With all of the gaming talk about the i7 i'm leaning more towards skipping the platform entirely and just getting a q9650. Most reviews i have read are saying that the tiny L1 and L2 caches dont work very well with gaming, but make rendering and other tasks work great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom