Nehalem to become Core i7 processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
still sounds cloudy :| and i thought the chipset was going to cost like $70? they said something about it being $20-30 or something lol

still sounds cloudy :| and i thought the chipset was going to cost like $70? they said something about it being $20-30 or something lol

Ya.. that makes no sense... they must have cut a lot of crap to pull $50 per chip or cheaped out, either that or Intel just outright lied to make people pay more..

EDIT: another thing is that the nVidia chipset will probably only allow use for SLI instead of both... so maybe that's a way to cut costs instead of supporting both

agree with vern. maybe 70$ is the predicted price for the chipset that can support both crossfire and SLI?

it does matter with me...i think i'm still going to go with the cheapest board that can handle SLI. ati might have the best band for buck out right now, but i still want to stick with nvidia :|

agree with vern. maybe 70$ is the predicted price for the chipset that can support both crossfire and SLI?

it does matter with me...i think i'm still going to go with the cheapest board that can handle SLI. ati might have the best band for buck out right now, but i still want to stick with nvidia :|

Haha true...

And until AMD can perform as well as its nVidia counterpart at folding and pull the Havok out quickly... I'd be so in between

do we know much about it's peformance

I think It will be around 40% faster than similar clocked Yorkfield in multi-threaded applications because nehalem scales much better than Yorkfiled with more threads.

In single threaded applications Nehalem won't be a lot faster than Yorkfield. So, I think there won't be any good performance difference between Nehalem and Yorkfield in most of the current games.

However, it is just matter of time for games to become more multi-threaded. So, I expect that Nehalem will do much better in future games (like Alan wake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom