MSI X58 Line-Up Slide Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
well at least that's proof that the boards will support both SLI and XFIRE :]

Apparently the new driver released from Nvidia (178.13) supports SLI on Intel chipsets.

Anyone else see on the MSI pic that it said for integrated sound it was going to come with an X-FI Extreme?!?!

the new asus sound cards are xfi powerd, also wtf is a oc palm??? asus maximus III formula anyone?

Those intergrated X-Fi cards are still onboard based, theres no X-Fi proccesor on it. The only thing it has are the effects which are emulated through the software, and still draw cpu power.

Real X-Fi cards have a 400mhz chip with x-ram and hardware audio decoding and effects proccesing.

Yeah its a marketing trick basically. People see "X-Fi Supreme Fx" and they think well, i can pay more for this board since i wont have to buy an X-Fi card and it doesn't have onboard....its pretty messed up actually.

Just like the Intel High Definition Audio and Realtek Hd stuff......neither of them are anything close to being Hd or even true 16bit, let alone 24bit like an actual X-Fi.

Yeah its a marketing trick basically. People see "X-Fi Supreme Fx" and they think well, i can pay more for this board since i wont have to buy an X-Fi card and it doesn't have onboard....its pretty messed up actually.

Just like the Intel High Definition Audio and Realtek Hd stuff......neither of them are anything close to being Hd or even true 16bit, let alone 24bit like an actual X-Fi.

the asus maximus 2 formula has a soud card tho, its not onboard, my supreme fx 2 was an amzign sound card, now the supreme fx3 is powerd by xfi. Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

the asus maximus 2 formula has a soud card tho, its not onboard, my supreme fx 2 was an amzign sound card, now the supreme fx3 is powerd by xfi. Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I just explained it man, thats not a soundcard.....its a trick to fool customers into paying more for the board.

The physical design of this slot is similar to PCI Express x1 but turned by 180 degrees, however there is no electrical compatibility with the PCI Express x1. The thing is that Supreme-FX is actually not a fully-fledged sound card, but simply an analogue part of the sound tract connected to the AC97 interface. That is why you can only see a one microchip on the Supreme-FX card: the high-definition 8-channel Analog Devices AD1988B codec
Its still onboard sound, because there is no dedicated audio processor, its just an AC97 chip away from the mobo, which is your basic onboard sound chip.

still onboard:
supreme2vf2.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The small tiny chip is the AC97, Not an X-Fi

A real X-Fi processor on an Xtrememusic, with the ram chip next to it:
chiprammz2.jpg

Theres a lot more to sound cards than most people think.....the same way that you cant have dedicated video on a mobo, well you cant have dedicated sound on a mobo either.

Im not saying itll never happen, but as of now thats just the way it is.

Apparently the new driver released from Nvidia (178.13) supports SLI on Intel chipsets.

From what I have seen it just enables GT 200 cards to run in sli on Intel's D5400XS (skulltrail) motherboard. I haven't seen it mention sli other Intel chipsets.

From what I have seen it just enables GT 200 cards to run in sli on Intel's D5400XS (skulltrail) motherboard. I haven't seen it mention sli other Intel chipsets.

Yup, all the sources ive found say the exact same thing....oh well.

well i can say rican teh audio on my maximus formula at the tiem was actually very verygood, compared to this crap audio on my 750iftw

Im not gonna deny that, sure its better than Realtek Hd or the other onboard solutions, but all the above is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom