MSI Big bang Lucid hydra review (full)

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
The truly extensive feature set and the fact that the Hydra chip does require you to dig deep in your wallet, means you can expect a sales price of a massive €329 / 389 USD, but granted this is one spicy motherboard to fool around with alright.

http://www.guru3d.com/news/msi-big-bang-fuzion-lucid-hydra-review/

Almost does not seem worth it for that price. But if it were like $80 cheaper i'd say it's a great board for an enthusiast. I was really impressed with the SLIfire results :thumbsup:

wow, at that price it better be just as good as evga's p55 classified... which i doubt...

results look pretty good though

wow, at that price it better be just as good as evga's p55 classified... which i doubt...

results look pretty good though

Yep, It's a really nice board. MSI used high quality components on this board. but it's still not worth $380. $350 at the very most.

Its so expensive because of the hydra chip, allows sli/crossfire of any video card(rules apply). If you wanted to run a 4870 and a GTX260 together it would work. The only thing is im unimpressed, there isnt even support for the biggest benchmarking game Crysis and you need to adhere to so many rules it would make your head spin.

EDIT: Of course SLI and Crossfire native scaling will always be miles better as shown for matching cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom