MS Introduces a Powerful New Zune, Software and Online Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
MS Introduces a Powerful New Zune, Software and Online Services

Zune, Microsoft Corp.'s end-to-end digital entertainment service and media player, today announced significant advancements for consumers. The new Zune HD touch-screen media player is now available at retail, and a powerful update to the Zune PC software is free for download.

For the first time, standard- and high-definition (HD) movies can be purchased or rented1 through the Zune Marketplace online store, and a new streaming music service on Zune.net lets Zune Pass subscribers listen to music from a Web browser. The updates to the Zune hardware, software and online services released today, combined with a new Zune video offering on Xbox LIVE coming later this fall, bring customers instant access to their favorite music and videos anywhere,2 across their mobile device, PC and TV.

Hummm why aren't they releasing this in Canada? Would've definitely bought this instead of waiting to see if the touch is gonna get a camera.

That sucks since I live in canada :(

I would get an ipod touch over this though now that I have read a few reviews. it does have a better screen and accelerometer but there aren't that many apps and as of now you can not watch youtube on it

Right now I have a 1st gen touch that is starting to get a little beaten up and cracked screen but the touch screen still works. So I was looking at new players. But since no zune hd in canada and nothing new on the 3rd gen touch except faster processor which only makes a difference if you are playing games. Maybe the 4th gen well have something significant worth upgrading for.

Been reading things about the new touch saying there's room for a camera and the firmware supports one, but there's no camera :(. Apparently something might've happened last minute and they pulled the camera, might be an update near xmas hopefully? Planning on getting something better then my 3 gen old nano around then lol.

Gah its on backorder on Newegg...I knew I shoulda ordered it yesterday rather than today >.>

Been reading things about the new touch saying there's room for a camera and the firmware supports one, but there's no camera :(. Apparently something might've happened last minute and they pulled the camera, might be an update near xmas hopefully? Planning on getting something better then my 3 gen old nano around then lol.

So they have enough room in a little nano but not in the touch :\

You would think they would have done something to make it fit. Oh well

They do have enough room... Probably something wrong with production or something wasn't up to specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom