Monster Cable Lowers Prices During Recession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Monster Cable Lowers Prices During Recession

USAToday says that Monster Cable is cutting prices during the recession, HDMI cables are no longer $16 a foot, they are now only $12.50 a foot. What a bargain! Quote of the day has to be when the owner of Monster Cable said "When people buy Monster, they don't expect to pay a low price, so our lower-end cables don't sell very well."

Now, founder and "Head Monster" Noel Lee is cutting prices on top-of-the-line cables for high-definition TVs, effective in June. An 8-foot HDMI cable that currently sells for $129.95 at Best Buy will be priced at $99. "We're lowering prices, due to the recession, but we're also increasing performance," says Lee.

If you have a roommate that works at Best Buy like I do, you can get that $129 cable for about $15.

Hey rican this is OT but have you seen the new Maudio Monitors? Studiophiles DSM2, they are $750 a piece and my friend that works for Avid can get them for cost. You wouldn't believe the price if I told you. I'm picking them up in the next week since I sold my ASP8 because of financial troubles UGH!

I've spent so many hours reading about Monster cables vs RCA or cheaper HDMI cables. It's SUCH a joke. Unless you're running some ubber projecter set up w/ 7.1 surround sound, blu ray, and you have to run your cables over a very long distance, you don't have to worry about buying a premium brand like Monster, it's such a freaking joke. I hate how so many electronic stores push em.

Hey rican this is OT but have you seen the new Maudio Monitors? Studiophiles DSM2, they are $750 a piece and my friend that works for Avid can get them for cost. You wouldn't believe the price if I told you. I'm picking them up in the next week since I sold my ASP8 because of financial troubles UGH!

oh man.......making me feel even more inferior.....:(

I've spent so many hours reading about Monster cables vs RCA or cheaper HDMI cables. It's SUCH a joke. Unless you're running some ubber projecter set up w/ 7.1 surround sound, blu ray, and you have to run your cables over a very long distance, you don't have to worry about buying a premium brand like Monster, it's such a freaking joke. I hate how so many electronic stores push em.

And even then, you can get other premium cables for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom