Media players

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesson81

Baseband Member
I'm interested in buying a Media PLayer so that I can watch (on tv) media of a Drive (if you will) as opposed to DVD-+R. I was in interested in Mediagate MG25MP.

I'm looking for something that's easy to travel with if need be. Also I want to be able to buy a Big HD for it. This link ( MediaGate MG-25 MPEG4 Videos + MP3 Music + .JPG Photos Portable Media Server Jukebox Player / Compact-Size Aluminum USB 2.0 External 2.5" Hard Drive Enclosure Case with Remote Control: Al Tech MediaGate MG-25 (Retail, Supports Windows Vista) ) says that this model only suports up to 120 G IDE. Though my brother said that the reason why it's only 120GB, is because ide is an interface that more often than not won't support more than 120 GB. I found a HD on Ebay that is 250gb's, but it also says IDE. Do you think it's compatible?

Do you reccomend any other portible media players? I haven't looked at other.

MG-25P : MediaGateUSA.com

250gb IDE: WESTERN DIGITAL 2.5" 250GB WD2500BEVE IDE HARD DISK NEW - eBay (item 250363826320 end time Feb-25-09 14:44:05 PST)

Thanks much for your help......................................... Again....

If you have a computer, hook it up to your TV and skip both an external media player and the DVD/R. Pop in a low cost graphics card with the proper output (most likely s-video) and away you go. Many laptops have a s-video jack.

Besides, both models you have links to use a 2.5" drive, which is slower than a 3.5" most of the time.

Didn't know that option was available.... What kinda of a cord would i need?
Does the S-video port also take care of Audio to? I'm thinking i would need like an S video to RCA?? Sofware?

Thank you for your help....

S-video does not carry audio, but you can use the line-out on your computer to hook up the audio. If you you have a decent set of speakers for your computer, you can just leave them hooked up and use it.

You can still use an external hard drive to hold media if you want additional storage space.

My wife uses her laptop as a media player. We currently don't have a TV hooked up to it, but I plan on getting a decent one for it later on.

Windows should handle the extra screen. You can even use the TV as your monitor but the resolution may not be as good as your monitor. If you have a laptop, just switch to the TV the same as using an external monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom