Me Wantyyy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Quad-Sli available for the public? Didnt Tri-Sli just come out for us? I might be completely wrong or something but yeah....

Anyway, so would a 4ghz Quad be a bottleneck?
(Thanx for everyones comments)

Quad SLI has been available for over a year, using dual 7950GX2's, of course Nvidia will most likely screw this generation of Quad SLI users like they screwed us over a year ago

same thing with the new Quad SLI it will be same design as 7950GX2 just two PCB's slapped together. Only thing going to use four cards is CrossfireX that i have seen in action

hd_3800_crossfire.jpg

Actually there was a limited supply of a Dell system that had 4 cards in a Quad SLi format. It was a monster gaming rig that had only like 500 made if that.

PC Perspective - NVIDIA and Dell Bring Quad SLI Power to Life

Read that articel from Jan of 2006. It was a reality 2 years ago now since CES is already taking place right now.

Legit Reviews - CES 2006: Dell's Quad nVidia SLI XPS System - For those who need 2GB of GPU Memory

There is another article. So ATi is not the first. This system was out 2 years ago but it was not made for public use.

Actually there was a limited supply of a Dell system that had 4 cards in a Quad SLi format. It was a monster gaming rig that had only like 500 made if that.

PC Perspective - NVIDIA and Dell Bring Quad SLI Power to Life

Read that articel from Jan of 2006. It was a reality 2 years ago now since CES is already taking place right now.

Legit Reviews - CES 2006: Dell's Quad nVidia SLI XPS System - For those who need 2GB of GPU Memory

There is another article. So ATi is not the first. This system was out 2 years ago but it was not made for public use.

Actually that system was madefor public use the first generation Quad SLI used 7900GX2 cards, the second Gen cards were the 7950GX2, i know consumers could purchase these because i bought one from Alienware, since at the time Enthusiasts couldn't build QuadSLI rigs themselves we had to order from a company.

That is what i meant. You could order them but not build them back in 2006. Sorry i wasnt that clear on that. They must have been monsters...

lol at them being monsters, quad-sli flopped nasty w/ the 7900/7950gx2... driver support held them back.... so they didnt get anywhere.. was what seemed fine w/ a single card... but adding in the 2nd one was a nightmare

Isnt SLi a big enough problem as it is or is that all sorted out now with new drivers? I havnt really followed the SLi saga :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom