MagicStick HDMI PC

timmytot

Beta member
I have recently begun working with a company out of India trying to produce an PC on a stick with the latest 14nm Cherry Trail Processor from Intel. If you browse through crowdfunding platforms you will see no shortage of new devices touting this mobile processor attempting to create versatile low maintenance devices.

As soon as one of these devices is shipped to me I'll be writing up a full review of the performance including benchmarks and gaming performance. There are 3 tiers of the device coming on the 29th of September 2015 campaign.
The devices come with Windows 10 Trial (49 USD for a license) and Android 5.0 Lollipop by default but I'm assured that most Linux distributions will be compatible with the device.

All of the devices have IoT development mode where you can create your own apps and scripts to run on your MagicStick and be controlled from your phone. There is also a hard drive mode that you can initiate on the device to help with moving large data or recovering information from your PC if it fails on boot.

Below I've broken down the stats comparison between the 3 models. All 3 come with HDMI 2.0 and Bluetooth 4.1

MagicStick One:
Intel Atom x5-Z8300 up to 1.83 Ghz quad core 12 Core Gen8 GPU
2GB/2GB max Ram
32GB eMMC Storage
802.11b/g/n
1x 3.0 USB C-port, 3x 2.0 USB, 1x Micro USB

MagicStick Wave:
Intel Atom x5-Z8500 up to 2.24 GHz quad core 12 core Gen8 GPU
4GB/8GB max RAM
32GB eMMC Storage
802.11ac
1x 3.1 USB C-port, 2x 3.0 USB, 1x Micro USB

MagicStick Power:
Intel Atom x5-Z8700 up to 2.4 GHz quad core 16 core Gen8 GPU
8GB/8GB max RAM
64GB eMMC Storage
802.11ac

Last edited:
You have the core counts wrong on the CPUs. Those are quad cores with hyperthreading.

How can I get on the beta test for these machines?

MagicStick Power:
Intel Atom x5-Z8700 up to 2.4 GHz 16 core Gen8 GPU
8GB/8GB max RAM
64GB eMMC Storage
802.11ac

Would love to test its run of gaming. and see how well it will handle multitasking

I'm assuming shortly after their campaign is successfully funded. I have been working with them directly over the past couple weeks and you can get more info at their website. Changed that the processors are quad core for you. From their words those above were gpu core information.

Back
Top Bottom