Lil Dragon & 4850X2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still think the company that makes a duel-core GPU will take the prize :| i'd rather see it instead of die-shrinks or duel-GPU cards
The whole point of ATI making a small GPU was so that they could get better yields than with a single, big chip.
If one small die is defective, it's not as big a loss as if one big die is defective.

If they put two GPU cores on one die, it would negate the purpose of making the GPU's smaller.

remember, ATI and Nvidia don't manufacture their own GPU's. They just design them.
They're manufactured by TSMC, which is a more generalised manufacturing company. AMD and Intel fabs are specifically tailored for their specific CPU's

The whole point of ATI making a small GPU was so that they could get better yields than with a single, big chip.
If one small die is defective, it's not as big a loss as if one big die is defective.

If they put two GPU cores on one die, it would negate the purpose of making the GPU's smaller.

remember, ATI and Nvidia don't manufacture their own GPU's. They just design them.
They're manufactured by TSMC, which is a more generalised manufacturing company. AMD and Intel fabs are specifically tailored for their specific CPU's

I DID NOT KNOW THAT!!!!!! I just learned something by the great AMD guru Apok lol.

This is what I enjoy most about this business. Seeing rival companies repeatedly one up each other. All of this good press and improved sale should be good for AMD in general. Maybe we can see them drop their crippled cpu line and make something really special. I wouldn't mind seeing another face off like 2003, Athlon XP v. Pentium 4 northy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom