Internet Explorer, t3h cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnesty_puppy

Baseband Member
What don't people on this forum like about Internet Explorer? I'd like to know since I consider it a good browser, loads pretty quickly, can squash the toolbars nice and small, no useless features slowing it down...

ie has to many problems. every month m$ issues another patch for it, its just not safe and stable.

i love firefox, has more built in features than ie, and pages load faster. and i just think that firefox looks better. its also more configurable if u really want to get deep into firefox.

What sort of things can you do to configure firefox? I'm pretty new to Linux, using Firefox, and short of delving into the source code I'm not sure about configuration, is it all held in text files - which seems to be where most settings are kept (aside from preferences)?

my firefox is pretty great . . .

pages load fast and i love the tabbed bars

plus, you can customize better

I love firefox...

• built in pop-up blocker

a huge list of extensions available online that are p*ss easy to install... such as tabbrowser (so all your pages open in tabs in the one window)

its the fastest browser I have used... and I have tried most of them

its not microsoft

it has nice looking skins

its very customisable, even down to the buttons on the toolbar

has a built in search box in the tool bar, that comes with google but other search engines can be added... and unlike the google searchbar it does not drain resources or contain spyware

it has a nice logo (well not really a reason to use it... but it looks nice on my object dock)

I personally think that webpages look nicer though firefox... i makes some css pages look chunky and the text weird.. but with the DOM extension, firefox makes them look pretty.
Personally I use firefox all the time now! I recently had to go back to IE for a few tasks and I hated it... I know that now win xp SP2 is going to ad a popup blocker to IE, but its too little too late for me, I just prefer firefox!

hygor - the man speaks true words people.

the only reason i used ie is like you hygor. to update m$. i've actually customized that google search bar. i can also look up words right from the browser (ie can't top that) from dictionary.com because i read alot.

amnesty_puppy try it, you won't regret it. goto mozilla.com and look under extensions to see how many ways you can configure firefox to suit your needs.

lol xotix, you and i do the exact same thing, during school, i switch it from google to dictionary . . . tis awesome

and yeah, the only time i use ie is to update ms and to view those microsoft pages only viewable on ie

on another note, what skins do you guys use?

amnesty_puppy said:
What don't people on this forum like about Internet Explorer? I'd like to know since I consider it a good browser, loads pretty quickly, can squash the toolbars nice and small, no useless features slowing it down...

Good Browser? Firefox=better

Loads Pretty Quickly? Firefox loads just as fast if not faster

Squashing Toolbars? Firefox can do that

No useless features slowing it down? Nor does Firefox...it feels just as 'light' and simple as IE

IE is just full of security flaws. That's why we have the spyware problems we do. With Firefox, spyware worries are almost none (unless you already have some sort of spyware that is downloading more in the background, which many spyware apps do). Unlike many other IE competitor browsers, it does not have HTML rendering problems (because most web stuff is designed for IE). Also, pop-up blocking is BUILT IN! It is actually FASTER then Internet Explorer in my experiences, it has a built in search bar which is assignable to most search engines (Google by default). It has tabbed browsing, which is so useful you'll wonder after a while how you ever got on without it. It's just really great.

As Hygor says, Join the Firefox Revolution!!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom