Intel's new Core i7-980x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks pretty sweet and as saying ^ with the price thing, guess I'll agree; but wow people are gonna shell out so much cash just to have it now? Wonder how cheap it's gonna get or how soon :umm:. From the performance chat though, seems like the lowest CPU is somewhat close to the performance of the highest, difference being a few seconds to a range in seconds, would it make much of a difference to average users? Watching the price, it's a solid $400~$500 difference...

oh man, this is gonna kill my bank account setting up a whole new rig. probably gonna be 2000 just for the cpu and gfx card...ouch :grin:
but worth it...oh so worth it

I think we should get Slay a dual socket mobo and have two of these puppies in it and see what he can do in superpi :D.

Folding would be saweet too.

If Intel lowered the price of that chip they could do a lot of damage to AMD...

QFT. Gulftown's die is actually smaller than a Phenom II x4's so if Intel wanted to they could easily lower prices to a point where AMD couldn't hope to make a profit.

I would love to see a Linpack run on a pair of these since it's one of the few benchmarks that can put 12 cores/24 threads to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom