Intel's 'Nehalem' To Launch Sooner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the early boards i have seen only have 4 slots still. They have the 3 for triple channel then a random 4th slot.

the lynnfield boards are still only dual channel, only the x58's are triple channels...everyone needs to move to 64bit, windows 7 should correct the mistake that was vista, and be released in 64bit only

Your friend either has a crappy pc or hasnt actually tried vista. Also with video cards putting more and more memory on them, 64 bit os's are almost a must.

i dont see the reason on having 32-bit and 64-bit why not only 1 cz if someone has 3GB and wants to upgrade to 4Gb they would need to upgrade the os too

indeed, but windows 7 will be released for both 32bit AND 64bit much to my demise...

anyway bac to topic @ hand, i plan to have a nehalem system in an antec p182/p183 by the end of the release week!! heres hoping microcenter doesn't inflate prices like newegg on launch week. my e6600/8800gts 640mb aint cutting it no more, time to donate to my sister

i dont see the reason on having 32-bit and 64-bit why not only 1 cz if someone has 3GB and wants to upgrade to 4Gb they would need to upgrade the os too

First off , we here at tech forums take grammar and spelling seriously. This isn't AIM.

But to answer your question, they still make 32bit versions for compatibility reasons. 64bit operating systems require most software to be totally rewritten to work correctly. You need custom drivers, and applications either need patches or completely new versions. Windows is by far the most used OS in the world. And to make all of the 3rd parties rewrite their code all of a sudden is a disaster waiting to happen. Microsoft gave many companies more than enough time to prepare for Vista and look how that turned out. Right now they want to slowly ease the industry into 64bit computing. It may never be a full conversion. They only now dropped 16bit support with Vista.

indeed, but windows 7 will be released for both 32bit AND 64bit much to my demise...

anyway bac to topic @ hand, i plan to have a nehalem system in an antec p182/p183 by the end of the release week!! heres hoping microcenter doesn't inflate prices like newegg on launch week. my e6600/8800gts 640mb aint cutting it no more, time to donate to my sister

More bad grammar and lack of spelling. If you use Fire Fox there is no excuse, it has a built in spell checking system.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that even though the release date was September the chips wouldn't reach retail until October. Most likely Intel wants to sell the first batch to OEMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom