Intel to Unveil Octo-Core Xeon Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
As part of a pre-ISSCC conference call, Intel has officially confirmed its 8-core, 16-thread-capable Xeon CPU - codenamed Nehalem-EX.

Unfortunately for those licking their lips at the prospect of 64-thread performance in a four-processor setup, Intel didn't go into any further detail. All we know thus far is that four of Intel's 17 papers will reveal further details when the ISSCC kicks off on Monday February 8th.

Having refused to divulge information such as die-size, we've got just the one semi-interesting slide to mull over for the rest of the week.

Wow wave after wave. intel really is not going to take any chance for AMD to fight back? I'm also getting overwhelmed by the fast forward of intels technology @.@

Wow wave after wave. intel really is not going to take any chance for AMD to fight back? I'm also getting overwhelmed by the fast forward of intels technology @.@

Its really not intended for an End User though, because the board will cost like 100's of dollars knowing Intel

server based, AMD still holds the majority in the server market with its opteron line.

WTF 4 8 core cpus with 2 threads per core? What, do they want us to make something that will pwn the blue gene supercomputer?!

64 threads!!!!!! 64!!!!!!!

I wish I had that, I could do what I do with my current build, but better, tell people about it and how cool it is, even though I have nothing to do with all that power, ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom