Intel Sues NVIDIA Over Chipset License, NVIDIA CEO Reacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh I don't like that idea, that would eventualy make it to where AMD users couldn't use Nvidia cards in SLI on there systems... If you took it far enough, Nvidia dies because of Intel, then Intel forces SLI to be theres and so on... Yea.... Ehh I hope Intel actualy loses...

I doubt it, if Nvidia looses then AMD would have good cause to do the same and get SLI on their chipsets. You can get crossfire on Intel chipsets already. Nvidia is trying to be monopolistic. The only problem is you can be a monopoly when there is a good alternative (crossfire) that works just as well (maybe better) and is available on all platforms. ATI was smart to license crossfire to Intel, that means more cards are sold, Nvidia is being greedy and they are indirectly limiting themselves, especially when their motherboards were less than average for the price.

Intel wants to try to hold back graphics so their attempt at it won't suck when it comes out. VIA's Chrome cards are bad enough... they don't need any more company.

Besides, Nvidia is only one side of that market. Since Intel cut ATI out of the chipset market they figure they can put nvidia under their boot.

ATI still makes chipsets, they are just for AMD chips now. I really don't know that many people who used ATI chipsets on Intel systems anyways. I doubt Intel has to do any stalling to help Larrabee, it doesn't even compare to Via Chrome. There is a large difference between 10 year old gpu technology and 40 x86 cores......

remember Intel are the masters of smoke and mirrors marketing and viral campaigning so i wouldn't buy any of their propoganda. i do see this as a tactic to stall and gain some leverage on Nvidia. surely Intel could just terminate the agreement and no longer supply the necessary details to manufacture future chipsets? instead they are tying Nvidia up with legal proceedings that will have monetary implications and possibly wider effects on Nvidia's R&D department.

Didn't Nvidia just get sued last summer by Rambus also?
Intellectual Infringement or something. Rambus hehehehehe. (has to be said like Beavis) :laughing:

sorry didn't mean to get off subject.

remember Intel are the masters of smoke and mirrors marketing and viral campaigning so i wouldn't buy any of their propoganda. i do see this as a tactic to stall and gain some leverage on Nvidia. surely Intel could just terminate the agreement and no longer supply the necessary details to manufacture future chipsets? instead they are tying Nvidia up with legal proceedings that will have monetary implications and possibly wider effects on Nvidia's R&D department.

gotta make up for VISTA losses somehow..:)

I think there could be a good case for Nvidia to argue that Intel is trying to monopolise the market.
Same way they tried locking companies like AMD out of the x86 market, before the courts forced Intel to give AMD an x86 license.

While I don't really agree on the argument about the GPU slowly becoming the heart/soul of the PC (I also don't want PhysX, a proprietry standard, to become the standard - I'd much prefer an open standard such as OpenCL if the GPU was to become the heart/soul of the PC), I still think Nvidia should be able to make boards for Intel's future CPU's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom