Intel Reveals More Details On Six-Core Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, can the first 9 be replaced with something under 3 at least?

Really though, I would like to know the actual price, hopefully it will drop some by the time I would want to build a new system.

^ Same here... But they can't really make a "server" type of processor for LESS than the original.. Such as AMD with their 6 core cpu's.. They have 6 core CPU's that are already out. If the 975 was cheaper, they wouldn't sell the originals.

really, isn't the i7 920 sooo far ahead of games already? Why do you guys want these soo bad? I mean, games are gpu dependent for the most part. How long before an i7 bottlenecks something? A long *** time!

Do you mean before an i7 bottlenecks a system? In reviews of the 5870 it bottlenecked Brothers in Arms: ****'s Highway at 111fps until 2560x1600 (Radeon HD 5870 Review) . But if you mean the i7 being used to it's capacity, then probably not for a while. For most people it's just a cool feeling to have the fastest thing out there and not having worry about "can my system handle it?", and for benchmark bragging. But also some people would use it for things like folding, which faster is always better for.

But also some people would use it for things like folding, which faster is always better for.
Yes, this. Everyone here that has an i7 just sitting there idling should be putting it to use folding for Tech-Forums.

That's the main reason I would want a gulftown; folding. I would imagine those would offer substantial PPD increases over standard i7's.

I would also want one because I'm addicted to hardware.

What you have to realize is that games aren't the only thing people use their computers for.

+1 to what Trotter said, if you have an i7 get that thing folding!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom