Intel promises DX11 on Ivy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press_Corpse

In Runtime
Intel promises DirectX11 for Ivy Bridge processors

The current Sandy Bridge chips offer support for DirectX10.1; Eden characterized the decision as timely, noting that it gives times for more applications to integrate support for DirectX11 and comparatively little software supports DirectX11 today. However, popular PC games are already supporting DirectX11…and the fact that AMD's low-power Fusion chip was able to bring DirectX11 to the table now doesn't make Intel's graphics solution seem all that great in comparison.

Do you guys think that the graphics on processors will get anything close to the same performance as ones we we add onto the board? I personally can't wait for all this competition so prices will drop! :thumbsup:

I will always use a discrete GPU, so they can just make a CPU with actual CPU cores and keep their crappy graphics junk off the die as far as I am concerned.

I will always use a discrete GPU, so they can just make a CPU with actual CPU cores and keep their crappy graphics junk off the die as far as I am concerned.

The on die graphics do have some benefits for enthusiasts like Quick Sync which can encode video far faster than any of the other solutions currently available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom