Intel face greatest fine in EU history

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet for whatever press conference that picture was taken at, they asked for an Intel cpu to use as a prop so an assistant went and pulled one from an old pc in storage.

though I don't quite see what's wrong with "offering discounts to manufacturers that use Intel products"
a) they couldn't not take those discounts, because the other OEM's were taking them. the OEM's have to maintain relatively small profit margins while remaining competitive against the other OEM's.
b) the conditions of the discounts were that the OEM's stop selling anything from Intel's competitors.
c) as a second consequence of not accepting, Intel threatened to withhold vital information about upcoming products.

Essentially, Intel forced AMD out of the market, so that there was nothing AMD could do to gain market share, despite having better CPU's for less money.

As in total when you add up the two figures there you end up with a 0.3% excess and both the percentages are off anyway as although tiny VIA has market presence as dose various PPC an other processors in the industrial and embedded markets even if you lumped them all together in one grouping they still absorb some percentage points from the two figures quoted.

Anyway I just wanted to be anal about something, I will go back to my cave now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom