Intel face greatest fine in EU history

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just searched a googol which is 1 followed by a hundred zeros and this showed up....duotrigintillion.... I never knew such a number existed. Dang

The legal analysis estimates that the fine could in fact far exceed €1,000,000,000 - double the €500,000,000 fine heading Microsoft's way.

Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

Dr. Evil ?

just because AMD can't make a chip worth using doesn't mean intel needs to be fined..and wtf a trillion euros ? do they expect american companies to fund their whole country or something?

Oh great. Here we go again with the Intel vs AMD debate.

This has nothing do to about performance. The problem is that intel has been known to go up to companies like HP or Dell saying telling these companys that they will lower the price on the OEM proccessors provided that manufacture does not sell any AMD powered machines.

And at that time, Intel was milestones behind AMD.. this is going back at P4/PD era ;)

But I don't see why this thread have to turn into a AMD vs Intel debate (again..) yet it still comes up even with Maroon's overzealous posts long gone..

That's about 1.3 trillion USD. No company has that much money. That's like sentencing a person to a kajillion years in prison. You can't do it.

people have been sentenced to like 3 consecutive life sentences. It doesn't make sense, but it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom