Intel Core i5 Captured in the Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Intel Core i5 Captured in the Wild

We are pretty sure you guys have heard about Intel's upcoming, but yet-to-be-launched Lynnfield processor that is being retailed as the Core i5 ... already. We picked up this one from Fry's online store Sunday night and had it here in Dallas, Texas this morning. Yes, I would expect a bit of a preview from HardOCP before the official launch date with just enough information to tell you what you need.

I have a question about how much should the core i5 cost ? I am highly considering buying this as I don't need anything to fast, but will allow me to stay afloat with day to day medium multitasking.
Also will intels new socket mobo's be a little bit cheaper than the core i7 prices current mobo's ?

I have a question about how much should the core i5 cost ? I am highly considering buying this as I don't need anything to fast, but will allow me to stay afloat with day to day medium multitasking.
Also will intels new socket mobo's be a little bit cheaper than the core i7 prices current mobo's ?

It will probably cost at least $500.00 at release, but who knows. If you ask me how much it should cost I'll give you $50 bucks for it. Sound good.:D

Doesn't sound bad at all, well I get paid this saturday so I'll set aside about 60 dollars every 2 weeks until the beginning of october and I'll probably get the core i5 first on my birthday.
As of right now my check belongs to some bills and giving mother 10% of it.

Thanks. I am more interested in seeing how the i5's compete with the Phenom II. It may change my opinion on the budget champ which the AMD currently is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom