Intel Bloomfield 2.66 GHz: First Comprehensive Evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies.
so this wil be like upping the HTT then huh?? i guess its nothing special to oc then...

i didnt notice i had my cpu running 1.62v night last night... and that was only at 2.66ghz.. stock!!! lol.... and crazily when came after an 8 hour night out... i was only idling at 40c... and while i was burning a cd and doing a few other things... at 50% on 2 cores... i was only at 49c... i think my thermal paste has finally sit in :)

i'm happy with my watercooling!!!! andddd, 1 of the fans on it sucks.. so i replaced it with a new 133cfm sythe kama!!! woot

i'm happy with my watercooling!!!! andddd, 1 of the fans on it sucks.. so i replaced it with a new 133cfm sythe kama!!! woot

Next time you need a fan could you get a Noctua and tell me how it turns out, theyre meant to be top of the line. On the 80mm fans, the Noctua displaces the same amount of air as the Scythe's but at a around 20dB less.

I dont know alot about fans but ive heard great reviews and at a quick glance the specs look great:

www.noctua.at / Goto Products and all the stuff and specs are there.

80mm Scythe Kama: Scythe Kama Flex 80mm Fan Scythe Kama Flex 80mm 2500 Rpm Fan [SA0825FDB12M] - $19.95 : PC Case Gear, Quality case accessories and components
80mm Noctua: Noctua NF-R8 80mm Fan [NOCT-NF-R8] - $21.00 : PC Case Gear, Quality case accessories and components

Both only about 2 or 3 CFM away from each other but the Noctua is half the dB.

ooo thats niceee, if only i was looking for 80mm fans :p need me some 120mm!!

and ya, i'll agree though.. everyone on xs rants about noctua.. so i imagine they're good

what will the memory slot configuration look like with triple channel? Will they keep the typical 4 slots or will they change it to 3 or possibly 6?

How much triple channel ram will these X58 boards hold? What do you see the memory sticks starting at

3 x 1 gb

How much money do you see 9 or 12 gb of triple channel ram costing?

How much triple channel ram will these X58 boards hold? What do you see the memory sticks starting at

3 x 1 gb

How much money do you see 9 or 12 gb of triple channel ram costing?

i can see a 3gb triple channel kit costing about 120$ wich isnt to to bad, and thatl be a descent kit. the good ones closer to 140. im thinking crucial, mushkin, and patriot will be @ 120 while gskil and corsair, and some ocz models will be neer 140$. i cant be sure but its what seems reasonable withthe ddr3 prices now. but remember these are just guesses i could be completely wrong.

a triple channel kit for 120! and dual channel kit for ddr3 costs that much now... maybe with the lower jedec voltage standards it may be cheaper... i can't really say... but 120 would be a nice price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom