Intel Bloomfield 2.66 GHz: First Comprehensive Evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
ChipHell carried out the first comprehensive evaluation of the Intel Bloomfield 2.66 GHz processor, a derivative of the eagerly anticipated Nehalem architecture, which already has fan-sites mushrooming all over the internet.

The most prominant benchmarks used by enthusiasts and overclockers, 3DMark Vantage (CPU Tests), Super Pi 1M, Cinebench and SANDRA were run on this processor.

In the 3DMark Vantage test, the processor secured a CPU score of 16294. It crunched Super Pi 1M in 15.475 seconds. With the Cinebench, it secured 3048 with a single thread, the multi-threaded bench belted out 12627 CB-CPU hinting at the processor's high multi-core efficiency. And finally, Bloomfield takes SANDRA out on a date. You have to look at the red dot compared to a QX9770 yourself.

I'm appetised and looking forward to a great processor architecture and so could you.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Source

how much is this going to cost at launch ?? ...and when is the release date?

seems like a really good chip if it can beat out the extreme series yorkfields

how much is this going to cost at launch ?? ...and when is the release date?

I believe that the 2.66GHz version will cost $316, 2.93GHz version is $530 and the 3.2GHz will be $999. They are supposed to be out on Q4 2008, so probably we won't see a Bloomfield under $300 until Q1 2009

Dang. I would LOVE to have one of these and would definitely wait out building my comp with a Q6600 for this. The only problem is money. First you have to buy the more expensive CPU then you need to buy an X58 mobo, and finally the insanely high priced DDR3 RAM. Grrrrrrrrrrr

yea it's a great price for the CPU but if you need a X58 board and DDR3 RAM, then it probably wouldn't be worth it for awhile unless the price of DDR3 RAM drops a lot

DDR3 are not that expensive

This one cost $79.99 for example
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Moreover, the price of DDR3 would probably drop when Nehalem comes out

Nehalem also supports Triple channel DDR3, this means that you have to get either 3GB or 6GB if you want to achieve the highest memory bandwidth.

The DDR3-1333MHz in Triple channel mode gives the same bandwidth as DDR3-2000MHz in dual channel mode.

yea but that ram you listed is the same speed as DDR2 RAM

once i can get 4gb DDR3-2000 RAM for $100-$150 that'll be when it's really worth it

i think the purpose of his post.. was to show triple channel ram has incredibly high bandwidth... more-so than ddr2 ever will

and go overclock ur ram and tell me how much a difference it makes in real world performance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom